Thursday, September 15, 2011
Is this a test?
Ok, just be straight with me here... Is this some kind of test? Why didn't someone tell me... I didn't study! Mark and I often ask ourselves exactly what it might be that God is trying to pound into out thick skulls...apparently we are just not getting it...sigh. Our lessons never seem to be simple. Instead, it's like that little snowball rolling down the hill..with more and more snow building up as it rolls...ending up into some monstrous, frozen boulder taking out everything in it's path. Guess that's how the Penn family does life...do it big or go home! Among our recent catastrophes..fridge finally died, Mark's clutch went out, washer quit washing, and someone used our debit card number to run up $800 worth of charges somewhere in Spain (just in the last 3 weeks alone) I'm trying to stay calm and improvise. Those who know me well, know that I'm not a "fly by the seat of your pants" kinda gal...I gotta have a plan! All things are played out in my scrambled little brain and an ingenious plan is set in motion. Any deviation from this well thought-out course really throws me for a loop...I hate that! I wish I could be one of those people who stayed calm, cool, and collected no matter what life throws their way...but no cigar. I'm destined to be that crazy person who overreacts at the smallest thing. I'm tired. It takes a huge amount of energy to panic. I need a new approach, so I've finally decided to make a true effort to look for the silver lining in our storm clouds. How hard could it be, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Gena... You know you've got a worrying friend in me. We both remember that melt down I had in our smelly little room in Cali. We've also had a development recently where I just look at it and think, "I've looked at this from every angle and just can't see one where this all turns out okay." But thankfully, in God's immeasurable grace, my life's history has shown that God has made everything okay so far, despite my lack of faith. Faith that moves mountains? How big is a mustard seed? I think I'm still at poppy seed. Anyway, we love you, and we're praying for you guys. Hope this next year is the one that you can take a breather.
ReplyDelete